Engenuity, an innovative company specialising in the test, characterisation design and analysis of metallic and composite materials and structures, is seeking an experienced and talented engineer with a good foundation in structural mechanics to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices in the United Kingdom and engaging in the automotive, aeronautical, industrial, defence, motorsport and other commercial fields, Engenuity provide a responsive and wide ranging service to customers all over the world,
The position of Senior Engineering Analyst is immediately available and will be based at Engenuity’s office in Burgess Hill, West Sussex, UK
This position will support the design and development of structural and mechanical systems, in both metallic and composite materials including energy absorbing structures. Primary focus will be on FEA stress analysis to refine and optimise the mechanical design configuration and the detailed lay-up constructions. Opportunities to expand experience into random material architectures and to further supporting the manufacturing simulation activities also exist.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar with some element of composite experience.
- Candidate must have sound engineering fundamentals and be a natural problem solver.
- Candidate must possess at least 5 years experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools, explicit non-linear an advantage
- Candidate must have an understanding of general drawing practices, and a demonstrated ability to interpret production drawings.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills suitable for interfacing with a wide range of customers and must be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment.
Having experience in any or all of the following is a bonus:
- Passenger vehicle safety and crash analysis
- Mechanical design using Creo or Catia
- ABAQUS, LS-DYNA, Hypermesh or Nastran
- Skill with a ply based lay-up package
- Structural analysis on composite parts
- Analysis and failure mechanisms of fibre-reinforced composites
- Fatigue analysis
- Scripting/programming including LabVIEW
Salary and benefits
Medical insurance and Pension contribution
Salary in the range 35K -45K depending on experience
Interested candidates should apply via